Fashion Design Scholarship
Win a future in fashion design
Portland Sewing announces its third annual Fashion Design Scholarship for Teens
Portland Sewing today announced its third fashion design scholarship contest for teens. The contest is open to Portland area high school juniors and seniors.
Students have until Wednesday July 17, 2013, 5 pm to submit applications. The winner gets $1,200 worth of fashion design classes and a summer internship at a local apparel company. The goal: To build a portfolio so the student can gain entry into a fashion design college of their choice.
For all the details and how to apply for this GREAT opportunity, please go to their webpage at (portlandsewing.com/sewing/event-registration/?ee=69).
Portland Fashion Week® is looking to showcase the best and brightest designers the Northwest has to offer in their Emerging Fashion Designer Contest. The online contest will run from May 6th through May 24th, 2013. A panel of national and local fashion industry experts will choose the top three designers who will win a runway spot to showcase their collection on Thursday September 13th, 2013, opening night of Portland Fashion Week® Fall 2013 show.
There is no fee to enter and the three winners will receive:
- A fully produced professional fashion show including models, hair and makeup design, production assistance etc. All the chosen designers will need to supply are their fabulous award winning fashions.
- Professional quality photography and video of the show.
- A dedicated showcase area for their designs in the Portland Fashion Week®
- Pop-Up Shop Retail Sales Pavilion.
The judging panel includes national and local industry experts and insiders:
- Ashlan Gorse – E! News Correspondant
- Samantha Lim – Elle.com + Glamour.com + Fashion Editor
- Traci Anderson – http://www.apparelpatternmaking.com/
- Britt Howard & Rosemary Robinson – Portland Garment Factory
- Paula Brady O’Neil & Tracy Gaillard Pendergast – Est Ovest Style + Style For Hire
- Kathy Mullett – OSU School of Design
- Sharon Blair – Portland Sewing
- Crispin Argento – Pino Portland
- Alicia Wood – Ms. Wood
- Lisa Warninger – Urban Weeds Blog
A fantastic opportunity for any creative design talent looking for exposure, previous winners of this competition have gone on to great success and become leaders in the local fashion community. Designers wishing to enter must apply online at (portlandfashionweek.net).
AKA75 is one of the many things we have been working on for the past few months. We have partnered with Luis Torres (founder) and Sunny Clark to make this vision a reality. Luis’s vision is to evolve entertainment. The mission of AKA75 is to take local people with different skills and abilities (such as musicians, fashion designers, models, dancers, hair designers, make-up artists, photographers, videographers, etc.) and to bring them together in one event to showcase their skills and abilities. This is NOT a traditional type of event though, it has the goal to help benefit the community. Each project has a goal of raising money for a local non-profit organization. All the people involved with the project are volunteering their time, skills, abilities, equipment, etc. with the help of Sponsors who provide a space for the event and any of the extras.
We are VERY happy to be a part of this organization and hope that future fashion designers and even current fashion designers check this out. For more information about AKA75 please visit their website at (aka75.com)